Arc of Yates will bid farewell to President and CEO Daniele Lyman-Torres, who joined the Arc three years ago during a time of significant transition and growth for the local agency. Daniele will move on to spend time with family and engaging in other community pursuits.
“I have been fortunate to work with such committed board members, staff and community members at the Arc,” Lyman-Torres stated. “We have accomplished a number of great achievements together and there are many more opportunities ahead. The individuals served by the organization have benefited from all we have done, and as I move on, I will look forward to seeing those plans come to life.”
Ann McMullen, Board of Directors, states “The Board regrets Daniele’s departure and she will be greatly missed. Her broad-based knowledge and expertise have been immensely helpful in leading the Arc of Yates through a changing and challenging environment. She leaves us in a much stronger position to fully realize our mission to promote, protect, and support those with intellectual and developmental disabilities in our community.”
Significant accomplishments of Lyman-Torres tenure:
• Continuation and completion of flood recovery at the agency’s primary site for day programs
• Continuing the stabilization of the agency after merger exploration and the decision to remain independent
• Relocation and expansion of Keuka Lake School, adding much needed day care services for the broader community
• Implementation of Yates Transit Services in collaboration with Yates County and other partners, utilizing the agency’s bus fleet to provide all Yates residents with public transportation
• Leading the region in the development of a care coordination model designed to fully comply with upcoming federal and state mandates
• Upgraded the Arc’s technology to improve delivery of services, manage financial resources, and streamline internal communications
• Securing significant grants from private foundations, allowing the Arc to expand and improve delivery of services in an era of diminishing public funding
• Spearheading a collaborative effort to develop an inclusive living apartment complex for Arc clients, and obtaining public funding for the project
• With spirit and enthusiasm, she led the implementation of an annual “Camp Week” program off site at a local camp. Every member of the Arc community was able to experience the joys and outdoor adventures of camp life.
The Arc of Yates Board of Directors is considering multiple options for a President and CEO search. Lyman-Torres will be working in concert with the Board and community partners during the transition. The timeline for a new leadership selection will be completed in the summer. The Arc of Yates plans to celebrate Daniele’s accomplishments as a part of the transition.
Arc of Yates is a non-profit organization that serves adults, seniors, and children with disabilities throughout Yates and surrounding counties. With a focus on key values of integrity, diversity, results, quality, and respect, Arc of Yates is poised to help individuals with developmental disabilities achieve their maximum potential for independence and inclusion in the community.