The Keuka College Women’s Lacrosse team defeated Lancaster Bible College 21-4 Sunday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Brenna Voigt (Penn Yan) led Keuka College (11-0, 7-0 NEAC) with six goals against the Chargers. Vanessa Tsarevich (Rochester) and Vera Freda (Watertown) each netted four goals in the game. Adding three goals and three assists for the Green and Gold was Kendall Neuberger (Penn Yan).
Keuka College 21 vs. Lancaster Bible College 4
Keuka College scored first as Brenna Voigt found the back of the net 33 seconds into the game. The Wolves took a 2-0 lead before the Chargers pulled one back. The Green and Gold responded with goals from Brooke Main (Newark) and Kendall Neuberger. Keuka was up 4-1 halfway through the first half. Lancaster made it 4-2, but Keuka College would go on a run. The Wolves scored nine straight goals over the final 12:17 of the first half to lead 13-2 at the break.
The Wolves continued the run as they opened the second half with four unanswered goals to grow a 17-2 advantage. Keuka College would play out the game and continue onto a 21-4 victory over Lancaster Bible College.
• Keuka College improves to 5-2 all-time against Lancaster Bible College
• The Wolves snapped a two-game losing streak to the Chargers
• Keuka College improves to 11-0 on the season. The Wolves join the University of Mount Union as the only two undefeated programs in Division III
• Ayrielle Zeno (Penn Yan) scored the final goal of the game for Keuka. It was the first of the sophomore’s career
• Kendall Neuberger passed Maggie Bonafede ’14 for sixth on the career scoring list at Keuka College
• The Wolves tied for the fourth most goals scored in a game in program history
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves close the regular season on the road next weekend. Keuka College will travel to Hilbert College on Friday. The Green and Gold will then end the regular season at Medaille College with a Saturday showdown with the Mavericks.