No injuries reported after Saturday morning fire damages popular Keuka Lake eatery

Saturday morning, June 27, at 11 a.m. a small gas fire broke out in the kitchen of Lakeside Restaurant on Keuka Lake in Pulteney, originating at a gas line next to the deep fryer. An hour before opening, Lakeside had no guests yet, and six staff evacuated without injury.

Pulteney, Hammondsport, and Branchport Fire Departments responded, and the fire was extinguished with minimal damage beyond the kitchen.

Lakeside staff report the kitchen has now been completely gutted, and new equipment is on site to be installed.

Lakeside owner Rich Rees posted on Facebook, “Thank you everyone for the concern and support. Many thanks to everyone who has offered to help with cleanup. Our Dockside Bar & Grill will be open Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Join us on the water rain or shine! We hope to be fully operational before 4th of July.”

A victorian cottage converted to a restaurant in 1936, Lakeside has a long tradition of being a favorite gathering spot on Keuka Lake.