Having outgrown their rented facilities at the Keuka Business Park, Finger Lakes Premier Properties is planning to build a new 20,000 sq ft. building on lot #1 in the Horizon Business Park on Rte. 14A on the south side of Penn Yan.
At the last Yates County Planning Board meeting May 25, Branchport Properties LLC, a subsidiary of Finger Lakes Premier Properties requested a Site Plan Review, for construction of the new building and 42-space parking lot, with a new entry drive off Route 14A, along with other site improvements and landscaping.
Owner Brian Zerges says the new building will house FLPP’s housekeeping and maintenance departments, as well as their commercial laundry facility and warehouse for their property management services. He adds that the accounting and billing office will eventually move to the site as well. The review was approved, not including the proposed signage.
In the same neighborhood, the long standing hints of a Tractor Supply store coming to Penn Yan are finally becoming fact. Town of Milo applicant, Napierala Consulting Professional Engineer, Rod Ives, an authorized representative for the McFetridge Family Trust, requested a Subdivision to create one new 4.5 acre lot from an existing parcel on the east side of Rte. 14A between the Horizon Business Park and Kimball Road. Ives says the parcel will be annexed by the Village of Penn Yan, and municipal water will be brought to the site; a requirement of Tractor Supply Corp. for construction. The village will take on all inspections and approvals once the annexation has been approved.
Other applications approved:
• Village of Penn Yan applicant, Knapp & Schlappi Lumber, 273 Lake St., requests an Area Variance, an expansion of a pre-existing, non-conforming use related to a new 6,400sf building 500 feet from NYS right of way.
• Town of Jerusalem applicant, Daryl H. Jones, 2498 Route 54A, requests an Area Variance, for relief of the front yard setback located on Old Pines Trail from 40 ft to a reduced setback of 29 ft, a variance of 11 Ft. for the purposes of installing a 12 ft. X 16 ft. Woodtex shed.
• Town of Torrey applicant, Weaver Hydraulics & Repairs LLC, 1881 Rte. 14, requests an Area Variance, to remove a 4X8 ground mount sign and replace with a 96 sq. ft. sign on existing building.
• Town of Torrey applicant, Harvey Martin Jr., 1518 Rte 54, requests a Special Use Permit, to sell flowers and vegetables out of an existing greenhouse.
• Town of Middlesex applicant, Distributed Sun/Sun 8 PDC LLC, Authorized Representative for Jeanette Daum, 4450 Town Line Rd, requests a Special Use Permit, for the purpose of operating a community solar farm.