The Keuka College Women’s Lacrosse team defeated Elmira College 21-1 March 12 at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Vanessa Tsarevich (Rochester/ Gates Chili) led Keuka College (2-0) with four goals in the win. Sydney Bloom (Penn Yan), Kendall Neuberger (Penn Yan), and Abigail Wood (Onondaga) each scored three goals for Keuka in the win.
Keuka College 21 vs. Elmira College 1
Keuka College took the lead 1:52 into the game on Tuesday as Madelaine Taylor (Oswego) found the back of the net. Less than a minute later, Vanessa Tsarevich scored for the Wolves as the Green and Gold controlled the play throughout. Keuka College outshot Elmira 26-2 in the half. Both of Elmira’s shots were on goal, but Ally Thayer (Rome/Rome Free Academy) made a pair of saves as the Wolves led 15-0 at the half.
Sydney Bloom scored a pair of goals to open the second half for the Wolves. Elmira College broke the shutout as the Soaring Eagles scored with 7:56 left to play, but Keuka College continued onto the 21-1 non-conference victory on Tuesday.
• Keuka College pushes their win streak to two games over Elmira College. The Wolves are now 2-3 all-time against the Soaring Eagles
• Keuka tied last season’s goal total against Elmira by scoring 21 goals. The one goal allowed was the fewest in the series by either team
• It was the 11th time in program history that Keuka College has held a team to just one goal
• The Green and Gold controlled possession from the draws as Keuka held a 21-3 advantage in draw controls. 21 draw controls tied for the sixth most in program history
• Kendall Neuberger add two assists for a game-high five points. Newberger passed Jennifer Burt for fourth on the career assists list and Sydney Forshaw and Morgan Bruno for fifth on the career points list
• Vanessa Tsarevich moved into a tie for 10th on the career goals list at Keuka College
Keuka College hosts Southern Vermont College at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex at 4 p.m. Friday. It will be the first ever game between the Wolves and Mountaineers.