Online cooking classes being offered in April
SNAP-Ed New York Southern Finger Lakes Region has developed two new online classes to help the community learn healthy new cooking skills. The classes are free of charge.
Cultural CookAlong Sessions
Working with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben, Schuyler, and Yates Counties SNAP-Ed NY is presenting two Cultural Cook-Along classes. Savor the flavors of the world during this free online food demonstration full of tips to save money, make it healthy, and mix it up in the kitchen with simple, low-cost ingredients!
The Taste of Mexico – will feature the recipe Yucatan Chicken Tacos on the following dates:
April 19, 2021 | 3:30 PM- 4:30 PM
April 20, 2021 | 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
April 21, 2021 | 10:30 AM- 11:30 AM
To cook alongside our chef, join with the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar (balsamic or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 cups cabbage or coleslaw mix, shredded
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheese (afiejo, queso, fresco, feta, or monterey jack)
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
- The Taste of India will feature the recipe Vegetable Curry on the following dates:
- April 26, 2021 | 3:30 PM- 4:30 PM
- April 27, 2021 | 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
- April 28, 2021 | 10:30 AM- 11:30 AM
- To cook alongside our chef, join with the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
Cooking Matters for Chefs and Kids
SNAP-Ed NY and Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is presenting an online cooking class for youth called Cooking Matters for Chefs and Kids. Over Zoom, kids will learn tricks for healthy eating. Young chefs will practice basic kitchen skills.
• April 15 from 4 - 5:30 p.m. they will whip up a nutritious breakfast! To cook alongside Chef Kelsey, join with the following ingredients: 3 green onions, 15.5 oz black beans, 1 bell pepper, 1 garlic clove, Black pepper, Canola oil, Cooking spray, 2 oz low-fat cheese, 4 whole wheat tortillas, 3 eggs, and Cumin.
• nApril 22 from 4 - 5:30 p.m. they will prepare a grab-and-go snack, Peanut Butter Balls. To cook alongside Chef Kelsey, join with the following ingredients: Peanut butter or sunflower butter, 15.5 oz can chickpeas, Honey, Vanilla extract, and Quick cooking oats.
For questions or to register for any of these classes, contact email@example.com or call 607-664-2300.