Keuka College sets Inauguration of President Storey
Commencement won’t be the only momentous day on the Keuka College calendar this May. The college has scheduled the inauguration of its 20th president, Amy Storey, on Friday, May 1.
President Storey, who was named to the office permanently in May 2019 after serving on an interim basis for 10 months, is the third woman to lead the 130-year-old institution.
“President Storey has been everything the college could hope for since taking office,” said College Board of Trustees Chair Alan Ziegler. “Fiscally disciplined, supportive of faculty and staff, inventive in her leadership, and always – always – working in the best interest of our students.”
Since taking office, President Storey has overseen:
• Plans for the College Athletics programs’ upcoming move to the Empire 8 Conference;
• Near completion of The Next 125: The Comprehensive Campaign for Keuka College, the largest such initiative in College history, which is 99% to its $30 million goal;
• Development of new academic programs in Esports Management, Health Sciences, and Community Health and Wellness;
• Capital improvements to more than a half-dozen College facilities including a new Center for Art and Design, renovated nursing labs, and a new American Sign Language/ASL-English Interpreting center; and
• Expanded programs with Keuka College’s partner institutions in Asia.
“Two years ago, I could not have seen myself in this position,” said President Storey. “Now, I can’t see myself anywhere else. The opportunity to lead such talented faculty and staff in educating our students to be the best that they can be is equal parts challenging and inspiring.”
Keuka College’s Presidential Inauguration will take place Friday, May 1, at 3 p.m. in the College’s Norton Chapel. The day’s events will also include a student luncheon at noon and a gala dinner and reception at the College’s JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
For information on attending the inauguration, visit keuka.edu/inauguration or call 315-279-5262.