Hammondsport Library to resume normal hours
Regular Hours will resume May 1 at The Fred & Harriett Taylor Memorial Library at 21 William St. in Hammondsport. The library will be open for unlimited browsing and for spending a normal amount of time in the library. Masks continue to be required.
Hours are Monday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Tuesday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday, 10 a.m. -to 8 p.m.; Thursday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Special Programs are starting up again:
• Saturday, May 1 at 10:30 — DIY Dog Toys and Pet Bandanas. This workshop is free, but sign-up was required by April 26. White bandanas are available to color and customize and t-shirt scraps will be used to make toys for your furry friends
• Saturday, May 8 at 11:00 — Make Your Own Terrarium. Sign-up is required by May 3. There is a $20 materials fee due at the workshop. Includes glass bowl, 3 plants, soil, stones, moss, drainage, and charcoal.
• Saturday, May 22 at 10:30 — Mosaic Trivets. This workshop is free, but sign-up is required by May 17. You are invited to make a mosaic trivet for your kitchen or a decorative garden piece.
• Saturday, May 22, 9 a.m. to noon – Document Shredding in the parking lot of the library. This service is free, but donations to the library would be appreciated.
• The Book Sale Rooms on the lower level of the library are open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May Special all month long is Buy One, Get One (BOGO) for all Adult Fiction. Use the lower entrance at the end of the driveway. Masks are required.
• The Hammondsport Book Club will meet at the library at 6:45 p.m. on Monday, May 10. Book discussion will be on "The Color of Water" by James McBride. Books are available at the circulation desk.
• De-Stress Kits are available for pickup, while they last. New kits come out twice a month and will be available on May 7 and 21. Kits include instructions and materials for a craft. Ask at the front desk for the current kit.
On Facebook Live during May:
• Little Bookworms is on Facebook Live on Fridays, May 7 and 21 with Lauren, who will give an overview of a special Activity Kit, designed for ages 0-4. They are available to pick up at the library afterwards. Sign-up for the kit is required as they are specially prepared for the child. The Facebook presentation will be available to view anytime after the Live presentation.
• Pet Story Time — Wednesday, May 12. Director Sally Jacoby Murphy will be reading a Clifford book on Facebook Live at noon. It will be recorded and available to view later.
• A Weekly Craft Activity Program for all ages will be on Facebook Live at noon on Thursdays with Director Sally Jacoby Murphy. Programs are recorded and may be viewed at anytime afterwards. Follow the Fred & Harriett Memorial Library on Facebook and Instagram for updates.