Teen injured in Dundee fire

Staff Writer
The Chronicle Express

James Baughman, 17, of 47 Union St., Dundee received second degree burns to his hand when he attempted to extinguish a dryer fire on Jan. 18.  Dundee Fire and Ambulance and Yates County Deputies responded to the reported fire late Friday night, Jan. 18. 

The fire was contained to a back room and quickly extinguished.  Damage to the home was minimal. The homeowner, Julie Baughman and Stephany Jones, 17, were also present, but not injured.  James was transported to Soldiers and Sailors Hospital for treatment of his injuries.