Middlesex man injured in fire

Gary Pinneo

Ronald R. Harty, 52 of 890 Mertz Rd., Middlesex suffered a burn to his right hand in an attempt to put out a fire at his residence on Nov. 29.  He was treated at the scene by Middlesex Ambulance personnel, but refused transport to the hospital.  Harty had been installing a device on his water line with a soldering torch when the insulation was ignited by the flame.  Harty tried to extinguish the fire.  He called 911 and Middlesex Volunteer Fire Department and Deputy Ken Kamholtz responded.  Damage was limited to drywall, insulation and wiring.