Grease fire causes damage in Keuka Park apartment

Staff Writer
The Chronicle Express

Branchport/Keuka Park Fire Department, along with Sgt. Francis Ryan of the Yates County Sheriff’s Department responded to 220 Cherry St., Keuka Park on Dec. 15 around 4:30 p.m. for the report of a grease fire.  The fire broke out in the kitchen area of a second story apartment, causing extensive damage to the apartment as well as smoke damage to other areas of the apartment building. The code enforcement officer was also on scene. Occupants Patrick Howell, 23; Brittney Waite, 18; Ron Grisham, 60 and Theresa Sutton, 47 all escaped injury.