Electrical fire damages Dundee home

Staff Writer
The Chronicle Express

Dundee Fire fighters and ambulance volunteers responded to 12 Bridge St., Dundee Dec. 10 at about 11 a.m. after the occupants in the home noticed smoke coming from the downstairs bathroom.

The house, owned by John D. Sworts, 60, of the same address, sustained limited damage to exterior and interior walls along with water and smoke damage. All the occupants — Laurie A. Sworts, 50, Kathleen M. Sworts, 22, and

Elsie Briggs, 78,  evacuated from the house without injury and the fire was contained to a small area around the source of the fire, which was electrical.

Penn Yan, Benton and Himrod Fire Departments assisted at the scene along with a NYSEG crew.