Women's Lacrosse: Wolves Down Wildcats in Women's Lacrosse
The Keuka College Women’s Lacrosse team defeated Cazenovia College Sunday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game hosted by Cazenovia.
Brenna Voigt (Penn Yan) tied the school record with nine goals in the game to lead Keuka College (10-0, 4-0 NEAC). Kendall Neuberger (Penn Yan) added five goals and three assists in the win.
Keuka College 24 at Cazenovia College 6
The Wolves won the opening draw and raced down field. Vanessa Tsarevich (Rochester, N.Y. / Gates Chili) set up Kendall Neuberger for the goal 14 seconds into the game. Keuka College would go on to score the first 14 goals of the game over a 17-minute span. Cazenovia outscored Keuka College 3-2 over the final 10 minutes of the first, but the Wolves led 16-3 at the half.
Out of the break, Keuka scored three goals over the first 10 minutes of the half with Voigt getting on and Neuberger netting a pair. The Wildcats scored two, but the Wolves answered with a pair of their own. Over the final 10 minutes of the game, the Wolves outscored the Wildcats 3-1 on their way to the 24-6 victory.
· The Wolves improve to 15-5 all-time against Cazenovia College
· Sunday was the most goals scored and largest win ever for Keuka College against Cazenovia
· Keuka College now has 10 wins for the eighth time in the 15-year history of the program
· Brenna Voigt set a new career-high in goals, tying the record set by Kendall Neuberger earlier this season
· Voigt, a sophomore, now has 95 career goals, moving into the top ten in the Keuka College record books
· Vanessa Tsarevich finished with three goals and three assists
· Also with a hat trick for Keuka College was Madelaine Taylor (Oswego, N.Y. / Oswego)
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return home next weekend as Keuka College hosts D’Youville College in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Center on Saturday. Keuka is 2-0 all-time against D’Youville and defeated the Spartans 15-2 last season.